Dating

Dating can be extremely tricky! In a world full of people how can you make sure you are marrying the right person? I have the answer... DATE! Going on dates is the key to finding someone you want to spend your life with. It is important for us to trust in the Lord and go on dates. 

"The starting point for becoming ready for marriage is to develop faith in The Lord Jesus Christ and his divine plan for marriage and families." 



Before my husband and I got marred I went on tons of dates with tons of different guys. This helped me to figure out the type of man I wanted to marry. When I met my husband we dated for an entire year before we got married. I can honestly say this was the best thing for us. In that year we really got to know each other and see each other in so many different situations. I felt like I truly knew who he was and loved him because of that. 

So I talked about the importance of dating before marriage and how that helps you find your eternal companion. But, it is equally important to continue dating once you are married. 

My husband and I have been married almost 2 years and I still get butterflies each time he asks me on a date. This is so important in marriage! Dating gives us that special time to really talk to one another and focus on each other. It is the time when we can talk about different things that are going on in our lives and really get to know each other. This is especially important for couples with busy schedules that rarely see each other. Dating in marriage helps you focus on one another and helps you to put each other first. It is a great way to learn new things about each other that you never knew before.
When we go on dates we are getting to know each other better and making deeper connections with one another. When we go on dates we learn to put each other first and that helps nourish and strengthen our relationships. I have seen the effect of dating within marriage on different couples. Those who make going on a weekly date a priority are more in tune with their spouses emotions then those who do not.
Image may contain: 2 people, including Gabi Voyles Holdaway, people smiling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covenant Marriage

Mothers

Come Together