Man & Woman

Something I have really been thinking about this week has been what marriage means to me. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I know that marriage is between a man and a woman. The Family: A Proclamation to the World says,


"THE FAMILY is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity."

With the redefining o f marriage it can be hard to stand on the side where marriage should remain between a man and a woman. Although I love those that choose to live differently than I believe I will not accept and see it the same way that they see it. I personally have several LDS friends who have come out and shared with the world that they are gay. They struggle with this, but they still testify and know that marriage is between a man and a woman. 


I am so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel and the knowledge of families. I am thankful for my own marriage and how sacred that bond is to me. I know that marriage between a man and a woman is essential to God's plan for us. It is essential to raising His children. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Together

Fertility Patterns

Covenant Marriage